Sunday, September 25, 2011

First Words

Perhaps this is an inauspicious way to start a blog.  I really have a myriad of more important things to do; they are clamoring and demanding for my attention as I sit here and begin to write.

"The only joy in the world is to begin." Cesare Pavese said.  I don't necessarily agree with him.  There are many joys that come after harsh beginnings and difficult starts to sweat stained endeavors.  I think the most joyous moment of any project is its end.  Gazing on a white sheet of paper filled with perfect grammar and inspired words that twinkle for a brief second with completion, is heavenly rapture to me.  However, there is a certain pleasure in the first words on a page, the first notes of a song, the first strokes of a swim.  That first moment is laden with excitement, anticipation, and daring unleashed...

Perhaps this blog won't be full of epiphanies, proclamations, or anything very mighty, but I hope that it will be a growing experience as I contemplate the joy and pain of everyday life and the love of God that sustains me.  Anyway, back to the grind of college homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment

starlight melodies