Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fluorescent Moonbeams

Transparent

My sins haunt me
In carless parking lots and empty bathrooms
When the harsh glow of streetlights,
Or florescent moonbeams from mold-laden fixtures,
Reveal my stains.
My skin becomes 
Limpid.
It no longer shields my dark-crusted soul,
But no one is there to see
My beating heart and the blackened abscess that grows over
Its pulsing strength.

This rather macabre poem I wrote last year was the inspiration for the title of my little room in the world-wide web.  I think moonbeams are one of the most beautiful things.  Their fluorescence in this poem, instead of their usual placid gleam, gives them a harsh illuminating quality which metaphorically pierces through to my bare soul.  This blog too, I hope, will be a similar tool of illumination and incisive clarity.  

6 comments:

  1. Wow! so glad to see you entering the bloggy-foggy-groggy-woggy world.......(I was having fun with the "oggy's"!).....and more illumination and inclisive clarity so needed......

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry that it took me so long to finally 'follow' you. My computer has not allowed me to do it until today. FYI you'll soon know me as 'the lurker' as that's about all I do. Know that I usually read and comment on your posts....it's just that I comment in my head and then don't sign in and 'really' comment. Visually, you know, so that you can see my brain is working. I'll see what I can do on mine, I saw that you 'followed' me. Oh, whoop-dee-doo, what a lame site why even bother. Well you give me inspiration, maybe I'll try a go at it again. No, promises tho ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I'm loving the book 'Chasing the Dragon'. Though, I've been so busy of late that I'm not much further then when I read it @ ur house. Oh well, at least I'm reading and growing my brain. It's so very inspiring and it awakens missionary passions that have long been asleep, to long I must admit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sarah: thanks! I hope that I'll actually post something occasionally! By the way, I enjoy your blog!
    @ Ellie: no worries! Oh and we just got your thank you card; it was so sweet! :) And I'm glad that you're loving the book! I love to get inspired by missionary stories too, and I haven't been reading any lately. I think I ought to pick up one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out you had a blog this very moment! How exciting! Of course, I will now heartily begin "lurking" about your blog, just as Ellie and the rest of us.
    That poem so poignant. And deep. Can't wait to see more of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thank you Kimberly! I really appreciate your kind words. Oh, and a very belated thank you card is traveling through the world of the postal system where it will hopefully reach your mailbox in the near future!

    ReplyDelete

starlight melodies