Saturday, November 19, 2011

Relief


We all know the feelings of relief - your head is so high in the clouds you are giddy from lack of oxygen; you're a kid again: all the colors around you are bright as a bouquet of balloons, the sky is as a perfect as a glorious sunset, and you float or dance or skip, instead of merely walking.  That's how I felt yesterday when I finally gave my speech after dreading it for a few long weeks.  It went so much better than I anticipated.  I had decided to talk about Moral Relativism for my speech class, and it was a bit challenging for me, to say the least.  I just pray that people were able to come away from the speech with an idea of the dangers of believing that morals have no grounding or absolute standard!

This week, overall, was just a veritable hurricane of due dates.  Why does everything always have to hit you at once?  I have no idea, but this is what invariably happens.  I had an exam, a research paper, and a speech all due the same week.  The relief that I feel now on Saturday, done with that round, is palpable.  And a little crippling, since all I want to do now is relax...

On another vein, school can sometimes feel rather unrelated to real life - an insular cocoon with its own rules, triumphs, and failures.  Sometimes I worry that I'm not really learning anything useful or applicable for my future.  I mean, do I need to know that the AB blood type has both A and B antigens while the O blood type has both A and B antibodies (Or something like that)?!  Or that the gluteus maximus originates at not only the iliac crest, but the sacrum and coccyx, as well?  Also I know that those facts will definitely flee my mind in just a few weeks!  But I'm so grateful that I know that God will redeem this time, as I try to be diligent!  He has been reminding me that I need to trust in him daily and be obedient in the small things.  Like not only keeping up with my homework, but being a loving daughter and sister - now that is where I need the most help!

(P.S. I'm sorry for my school focused posts - unfortunately, my life is presently swallowed in that abyss.)

3 comments:

  1. good for you....keep it up!!! I know you will (with God's strength) accomplish whatever you put your mind too....and yes, the kind family member part is always a struggle.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that I just commented on this....first the pic is AWESOME!!! Second I really like this post as I can imagine your last week. Howbeit not a fun one! This was personal and new'sy, me like that :) I know that you'll get great reports on all the hard work you did. ps....the glare is off now...only a sympathetic look...as I also ponder why I'm willing to not sleep and then go to work in the morning. PSSST don't tell S, she'll think I'm a boob.

    ReplyDelete

starlight melodies